Forever Young Foundation's newest initiative, Sophie's Place, was established in loving memory of singer, songwriter and friend Sophie Barton. Sophie often sang in hospitals because she understood music's power to heal; she understood that, Music Changes Everything. Sophie's Place will be a special music therapy facility built in children's hospitals. These rooms will care for young people suffering from chronic illness or sudden serious injury.
While most people know music has a special power to bring comfort and peace to the soul, recent clinical studies have proven that music therapy often has beneficial effects on hospital patients. Watch for the first Sophie's Place to be unveiled at Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake City, Utah.
"We honor Sophie's life and commitment to music through the creation of Sophie's Place, to help share the healing power of music with children in hospitals throughout the country and around the world. Barb and I invite people across America to join us in this important new initiative for Forever Young Foundation."
- Forever Young Foundation Talks Music Therapy
- Sophie's Place
- Music Therapy at Sophie's Place
- Music therapy center opens at Primary Children's Medical Center
- Sophie's Place Opens at Primary Children's
- Music therapy facility opens at Primary Children's
- Sophie's Place Unveiled
- Music therapy has a new home: Sophie's Place, at Primary Children's
- Music therapy facility for children honors girl's legacy
- Steve Young hopes to bring music therapy to Lucile Packard
- Former San Francisco 49er Steve Young aiming to create musical therapy program for children
- Steve Young raising funds for music therapy program
- Hospital music therapy room gets support from Steve Young
- Steve Young Discusses Life After Footbal
- Forever Young Foundation kicks off Sophie's Trust
- Steve Young touts charity golf event and new project, plus talks a little football
- Steve Young honors musician Sophie Barton
- Luna Lune holds record release show in memory of sister Sophie